HAPPY MOTHERS’ DAY to all the magnificent Moms in our preschool! We are so blessed that you have entrusted your most precious gift to us and have chosen Lil’ Lighthouse as your child’s preschool. Our prayer for you this month is that you will find time to relax and be refreshed in your walk with the Lord so you can be the Mom God has called you to be!!!
For all (am & pm) TTh moms and students, we will be having a “Mommy & Me” picnic lunch (bring your own) at 11:30 a.m. on May 9th and for all (am & pm) MWF students, we will have the “Mommy & Me” picnic lunch (bring your own) at 11:30 a.m. on May 10th. JK can come either day! Please meet in the Faith Cafe (on the school side) first for a short time with Mrs. Menashe and then we will break for our picnic lunch together.
Our themes this month are “Mothers are special and learning more about machines.” If you would like to come in during this month to share your job, hobby, read a special book, etc., please let us know so we can schedule you in!
* Please check the calendar for all of the events this month. If you have questions about anything, please feel free to ask!!
* Tuition is DUE ON THE 1st – THANKS for your promptness!
* The Scholastic book order is due May 14th –thanks to those of you who order each month! This will be the last order of the school year. Reading to your little ones is vitally important, it teaches them so much and creates in them a love of reading. Scholastic is an excellent and inexpensive way to purchase some new books for the summer.
* Our field trip this month is to Tanaka Farms on May 16th & 17th to pick strawberries and learn more about God’s growing world. Watch for information coming home in the backpacks. All JK will go on May 16th. No JK classes on May 17th. No siblings please!!
* May 22nd PM – May 24th AM – Teacher/Staff Appreciation Days
* May 24th – No PM Class.
* No school on May 27th for the Memorial Day holiday.
* Share days are the 22nd & 23rd this month-check the curriculum for appropriate items to share.
* Raingear is required (boots, raincoats with hoods – no umbrellas, please) for rainy days so children can stay dry when crossing the street. Thanks!
* Please have your child bring his/her “backpack” to preschool everyday. Always keep an extra set of LABELED clothes (underwear, shirt, pants or shorts and socks) in a zip lock bag inside the pail in case of toileting “accidents” or water play spills. Check your child’s pail DAILY for Art projects, notes and forms!
* Please contact the preschool office if you have a change of address, phone, or authorized “pick-up” person or if your child is sick!
* When signing in/out, PLEASE SIGN YOUR CHILD’S FULL NAME AND YOUR FULL NAME and the times of drop off/pick up on the sheet. ONLY THOSE PEOPLE YOU HAVE LISTED ON YOUR AUTHORIZATION SHEET WILL BE ALLOWED TO PICK YOUR CHILD UP!
* Please remember to send your child in closed-toe shoes and play clothes. No crocs please.
* Please be prompt in picking your child up everyday and REMEMBER TO SIGN YOUR CHILD OUT as this is a state requirement! THANKS!! We will be enforcing our late pick-up policy as outlined in our Parent Handbook! Thanks for being considerate to your child!
* Lighthouse Coastal Community Church meets every Sunday at 10:00 a.m. Sunday school and Nursery care are provided during the service. We would love you to join us!
* As part of our master plan agreement with the City of Costa Mesa, it is mandatory that all parents and visitors park in the main church parking lot at all times. The parking lot barriers will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. – our normal business hours. The lot will also be opened for any special activities as needed between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. No activities will take place in the parking lot after 11:00 p.m. or before 7:00 a.m. You are required to walk your child through the side door of the Worship Center and sign him/her in and out on the sheet provided daily. The preschool staff will be there to welcome and dismiss your child to you or an authorized adult. If you arrive early for any session, please keep your child with you in the car until it is time to sign him/her in. Should you arrive late for drop off or plan to pick your child up early from the classroom, please park in the main church parking lot and walk him/her across the street at the designated crosswalk on the corner of Magnolia St. and Santa Ana Ave. only. Please help us in honoring Lil’ Lighthouse Preschool’s agreement with the City of Costa Mesa in following these procedures.
* In case of a blackout or emergency disaster, or if you cannot reach us on the landline, we will have a cell phone turned on for you to contact us. Please note the number and keep it in a convenient place:
*Please do not park in the coned off areas of the parking lot! They are there for the children’s safety! Please do not leave children unattended in your car and drive slowly and cautiously through the parking lot. Always look for pedestrians when exiting onto 18th St. Thank you for keeping our children and neighbors safe!
June 5 – End of Year – Field Trip to Pretend City for JK Only (5 day)
No siblings Please!
June 6 & 7 – Daddy & Me Picnics @ 11:30 a.m. JK come either day.
June 10 – PreK Only (3 day) – Adventure City Field Trip.
No siblings Please!
June 11 – End of the year party (2 day classes) at Heller Park 9- 11:30 a.m.
JK (5 Day) Graduation practice and class party (dismiss at 2:30 p.m.)
JK Graduation @ 7:00 p.m.
June 12 – PreK (3 day) Graduation practice and class parties in AM for both am & pm
classes. No PM session
PreK Graduation @ 5:30 p.m.
July 15-19 – Lighthouse Kids VBS. Sign up now to be assured of a spot.
Hugs and Blessings,
Mrs. Marge Menashe